Access Control Coordinator
Each customer assigns an Access Control Coordinator to administer their employee cardholder database and to provide a liaison with 100 Federal Street Security. Access Control Coordinator responsibilities are as follows:
- Educate new employees in the use of their ID badge including proper use of the badge readers and procedures for non-business hours’ access.
- Administer their employee cardholder database.
- Authorize new ID badge issuance.
- Notify 100 Federal Street Security of lost IDs and employee terminations.
Occasionally, ID badges malfunction. If an employee is experiencing a problem, the Access Control Coordinator should first ensure the employee is using the badge properly. If the problem persists, the Access Control Coordinator should contact 100 Federal Street Security for assistance.
Upon termination of employment at 100 Federal Street, the Access Control Coordinator must generate a customer services work order to cancel access. Inactive ID badges may be forwarded to 100 Federal Street Security.
Procedures for Authorizing and Canceling ID Badges
- Customer submits a request via bptenantservices.com. The names of the individuals for which IDs are being requested must be listed as well as the reason for a replacement ID (lost, defective, photo faded, name change, etc.) in the description section.
- A picture of the employee(s) is sent to the Security Control Center and the Security Site Manager or the employee schedules a time with security to come down and get their photo taken.
- The ID badge will be delivered to the employees reception desk.
- Replacement ID badges require the same procedures as above, except the employee does not need to be photographed again.
- Termination requests should also be made via bptenantservices.com. The current ID badge will be deactivated from the system.
- There is a cost for new/replacement/programming badges. Please contact the Property Management Coordinator for exact costs for each service. These charges will be billed with other work orders on bi-monthly invoices. There is no charge for termination requests.
Employee ID Badge Responsibilities
- ID badges should remain with the employee and not be left in the office.
- ID badges should be displayed to a uniformed 100 Federal Street Security officer when requested.
- ID badges should not be borrowed or shared by employees, and must never be given to non-employees.
- Lost or stolen ID badges should be reported immediately to the Customer Access Control Coordinator so that the badge's access authorization can be deactivated.
- Malfunctioning ID badges or other problems should be reported to the Customer Access Control Coordinator.
- ID badges must be surrendered to the Customer Access Control Coordinator upon termination of employment.